When I was creating the music for my Silver Moon poem, I knew exactly what themes I wanted to implement with the use of abstract sounds. I focus on the aspect of old age during the process experimenting with the Vacuum tool in Protools first. I attempted to make a metallic cling that sounded a little out of tune, kind of like a old broken analog piano along side a hart rate monitor that is beeping. during this project I learnt how to better employ vacuum, using and examining the different filters. I was able to actively produce sounds and explain why I chose to make the changes i did with them, like when I decided to change the attack, sustain and decay in wanting those sounds to gain an extra effect. I was able to play around with compressors to get rid of some excess sounds from the background or I chose to trim the ends of voice tracks as much as possible since some sounds could not be completely silenced. I tried to make the composition process on the keyboard as simple as possible because the bulk of the focus was placed in sound engineering, I did not get to play around too much with the EQ on the account of time.
Out of Gas
for this project we were tasked to use vacuum for creating sounds for the clip of the film. we were then to create a dialogue and record ourselves voicing it.
4X4 ableton live
Chariots of Fire Remix
At first I was unsure of what i wanted to do with this project but when I somehow made the bass sound like old game noises I restarted and started to focus on making the tracks as close to what old electronic games sounded like. I used the Gate to limit some of the reverb on the drums to make them dry. I also used auto panning on the drums to try and get that effect that was in the original. I used the analogue bass and Low bit bounce with adjustments made to them to make them sound like their coming from a Game boy.
I enjoyed this project the most, I had lots of things I wanted to include but I could not make all the right combos so my performance seems a bit random since I did not plan what i was going to push I just let it happen. I made the drums first since I needed to figure out what I wanted the song to be like. I liked compositions i made the first few times,(ended up making three since the file kept getting deleted) I really want one of these little things as playing with it could bring me joy for hours.
In this project we were assigned with the grate task of making music with prerecorded sounds. I choose to use a toy washer and toy dinosaur as my drums and some interments that I thought sounded cool. I experimented heavily with panning in this project and attempted to make sounds transition into one another without over powering each other. After the class project presentations I decided to incorporate the use of high end low end into my EQ process.
For this project I used pads and strings to create a cinematic tone for the human vex war that is depicted by several pictures that I found relating to Destiny. From this project I learned how people incorporate media and music and tried the process for myself. there weren't any new techniques that I picked up during this project for live.
This project was awesome, not only did I obtain a new method of making music and new interments for future projects I also finally learned how to record drum beats with a looped recording so I can continually add to it . The reason I love the new method of recording is because now I can make those beats that I want in my project with out wasting class periods trying to get it right. For my project I followed the method we learned in class, so the order that my tracks are in is the order they were made in. their was no way I could play a note wrong all I had to do was experiment with my melody and everything else would fall into place. I used lots of panning and for once the sends A and B. My favorite part during this song is where I max the arpeggiator's send A, making choir like sound.
EXTRA* minimalism in Garage Band
I made this at home with the same intention of making minimalistic music.